2016 Tour Summary
- Air – conditioned transport Pereira – Filandia – Pereira
- 2 nights in double accommodation
- Interpretative stroll in a native cloud forest
- Interpretative stroll in Filandia
- Visit to an authentic craftsman workshop
- Guide (Heritage interpretation)
- Meals: 2 breakfasts, 1 lunch and 1 dinner (2 dinners included staying at Bosques del Samán – Alcalá)
- Travel Insurance
- Equipment rental.
- Binoculars, telescopes, boots, raincoats.
- Meals not specified in the plan.
- Experiences not specified in the plan.
- Personal expenses and tips.
- Transportation services not specified in the plan
Day 1. Manizales / Salamina
Welcome and transfer Pereira to Manizales. City tour Manizales visiting Plaza de Bolivar, Catedral de Nuestra Señora del Rosario, Chipre viewpoint and «Los Colonizadores» Monument. Transfer to Salamina passing by Neira and Aranzazu. Welcome dinner.
Day 2. Salamina
After breakfast, tour of Salamina, Casa de la Cultura, Basílica Menor de la Inmaculada Concepción, visit to Plaza de Bolivar, San Esteban Cemetery, walk through the town main streets, visit traditional houses, and taste a traditional candy from Salamina.
- Visit a traditional farm. In this place you will have a tour where you will enjoy an unparalleled scenery, the beauty of our mountains and it is also possible to observe towns from 4 different departments.
- Ecological hike through native forest which offers us the opportunity to observe birds, springs and all natural surroundings, to show beautiful coffee plantations and the entire process of cultivation.
- Typical lunch made in a wood stove.
- Visit a Fonda Típica Campesina (traditional tavern) where you will taste a Nespresso AAA certificated coffee as well as some delicious steamed eggs and macana among other traditional food and drink from the region.
- Transfer to Salamina
Day 3. Salamina / Pereira
Breakfast. At the agreed transfer to Pereira.
- Bring comfortable shoes
- Appropriate clothing for the area, bring a coat
- Bring insect repellent, sunscreen and sunglasses
- Backpack for your belongings.
- Personal water bottle or canteen.
- Do not forget to bring your camera to take colorful pictures of the journey