2016 Tour Summary
- Air – conditioned transport Pereira – Salento – Cocora Valley – Quimbaya – Pereira.
- 3 nights in double accommodation
- Café Jesús Martín experience
- Wax palm planting experience
- Guide (Heritage interpretation)
- Meals: 3 breakfasts, 2 lunches and
- Travel Insurance
- Equipment rental.
Binoculars, telescopes, boots, raincoats.
Meals not specified in the plan.
Experiences not specified in the plan.
Personal expenses and tips.
Transportation services not specified in the plan
Day 1. Salento
Welcome and transfer from Matecaña International Airport to hotel in Salento. Welcome dinner.
Day 2. Salento /Cocora Valley Breakfast.
Visit to Cocora Valley located in
Salento, to have an exciting experience, between giant palms and mysterious cloudy forest. Liven up a tree in danger of extinction by planting a wax palm. Lunch at Bosques de Cocora “Donde Juan B ‘ Restaurant. Transfer to Salento, interpretative walk through the town main streets, visiting the main street where you can find handicraft stores. Dinner (free)
Day 3. Quimbaya / Salento
Breakfast. Transfer to Quimbaya to Finca Santa Ana to discover Colombian coffee best kept secrets by visiting a coffee plantation. Enjoy a traditional lunch. At the end of the day live a sensory experience in Café Jesús Martín roasting factory in Salento. Express the experiences you had on coffee lands by knowing latte art along with an expert barista. Dinner (free)
Day 4. Salento / Pereira
Breakfast. Enjoy hotel facilities. At the agreed time transfer to Matecaña
Optional. FILANDIA. Experience with an authentic craftsman where you will learn how to weave a basket with natural fibers.
Interpretative walk through the town main streets observing its architecture with variety of colors. Lunch at Helena Adentro Restaurant. Transfer to Matecaña International Airport, Pereira. (Duration: 5
- Bring comfortable shoes
- Appropriate clothing for the area, bring a coat
- Bring insect repellent, sunscreen and sunglasses
- Backpack for your belongings.
- Personal water bottle or canteen.
- Do not forget to bring your camera to take colorful pictures of the journey