2016 Tour Summary
- Transfer meeting place Otun Quimbaya Sanctuary of Fauna and Flora – meeting place
- Interpretative walk in SFF Otún Quimbaya
- Guide (Heritage interpretation)
- Meals: Lunch and snacks
- Travel Insurance
- Equipment rental.
- Binoculars, telescopes, boots, raincoats.
- Lunch and meals not specified in the plan.
- Experiences not specified in the plan.
- Personal expenses and tips.
- Transportation services not specified in the plan
Pereira, Otún – Quimbaya Fauna and Flora Sanctuary (Duration: 6 hours aprox.)
Not so far away from Pereira, one of the most threatened Andean forests on the planet is preserved. Nowadays, Otun Quimbaya Fauna and Flora Sanctuary, next to Otún river, protects biodiversity species of the Andes that are disappearing elsewhere. Find out with our environmental tour guide, the secrets of diversity in plants and animals. Perceive the birdsong, look them in the foliage and understand why this country has the highest number of species of birds on the planet. Pay special attention to the top of the trees, because somewhere, a family of red howler monkey, may look at you in the distance. During the day, enjoy a sub Andean forest trail and in the afternoon, you will have a walk to visit a beautiful waterfall, where the breeze and humidity make you feel the life that happens in these mountains, when we protect their forests.
- Bring comfortable shoes
- Appropriate clothing for the area, bring a coat
- Bring insect repellent, sunscreen and sunglasses
- Backpack for your belongings.
- Personal water bottle or canteen.
- Do not forget to bring your camera to take colorful pictures of the journey