2016 Tour Summary
- Transfer meeting place – Filandia – meeting place
- Interpretative stroll in a native cloud forest
- Interpretative walk in Filandia
- Visit to an authentic craftsman workshop
- Guide (Heritage interpretation)
- Meals: Experiential lunch and snacks
- Travel Insurance
- Equipment rental.
- Binoculars, telescopes, boots, raincoats.
- Lunch and meals not specified in the plan.
- Experiences not specified in the plan.
- Personal expenses and tips.
- Transportation services not specified in the plan
Filandia (Duration: 8 hours aprox.)
Transfer from the meeting point established previously to Filandia, the daughter of the Andes in the Eden, which is Quindio in Quimbaya language. We visit a private nature reserve, where you walk through a sub-Andean forest. There you can see a sample of the biodiversity in fauna and flora of Coffee Cultural Landscape and perhaps see red howler monkeys in the wild. Afterwards, we go to Filandia, where lunch is a gastronomic experience, with fusion cuisine with typical products. In the afternoon, with a local historian, walk the main streets observing its architecture with a variety of shapes and colors. Share the experience of learning a local craft with an authentic craftsman, live the challenge of weaving with your own hands a basket from natural fibers. Transfer to the initial meeting place but first enjoy a good cup of coffee with a beautiful viewpoint in El Tambo de Cruces.
- Bring comfortable shoes
- Appropriate clothing for the area, bring a coat
- Bring insect repellent, sunscreen and sunglasses
- Backpack for your belongings.
- Personal water bottle or canteen.
- Do not forget to bring your camera to take colorful pictures of the journey