2016 Tour Summary
- Air – conditioned transport Pereira – Salento – Cocora Valley – Serranía del Nudo – Pereira.
- 3 nights in double accommodation
- Visit to Café Jesús Martín coffee shop
- Wax palm planting experience
- Serranía del nudo tour in Jeep Willys
- Experience in Café Don Manolo
- Guide (Heritage interpretation)
- Meals: 3 breakfasts, 2 lunches and 1 dinner.
- Travel Insurance
- Equipment rental.
- Binoculars, telescopes, boots, raincoats.
- Meals not specified in the plan.
- Experiences not specified in the plan.
- Personal expenses and tips.
- Transportation services not specified in the plan
Day 1. Salento
Welcome and transfer from Matecaña International Airport to hotel in Pereira. Welcome dinner.
Day 2. Salento / Cocora Valley
Breakfast. Visit to Cocora Valley located in Salento, to have an exciting experience, between giant palms and mysterious cloudy forest. Lunch at Bosques de Cocora “Donde Juan B ‘ Restaurant. Liven up a tree in danger of extinction by planting a wax palm. Visit to Café Jesús Martín coffee shop. Interpretative walk through the town main streets, visiting the main street where you can find handicraft stores. Dinner (free). Transfer to hotel
Day 3. Pereira / Serranía del Nudo
Enjoy exploring these mountains in authentic vehicles. The Jeep Willys will take you to bioparque Bonita Farm, where you will be surrounded by hundreds of colorful butterflies. Visit to Hortensias Visitor Center, from whose viewpoint, with a visual range of 270°, you will see National Park Los Nevados. End the trip tasting an excellent coffee in one of the local farms,. Transfer to hotel. Dinner (free)
Day 4. Pereira
Breakfast. Enjoy hotel facilities. At the agreed time transfer to Matecaña International Airport.
Optional. FILANDIA. Experience with an authentic craftsman where you will learn how to weave a basket with natural fibers. Interpretative walk through the town main streets observing its architecture with variety of colors. Lunch at Helena Adentro Restaurant. Transfer to Matecaña International Airport, Pereira. (Duration: 5 hours)
- Bring comfortable shoes
- Appropriate clothing for the area, bring a coat
- Bring insect repellent, sunscreen and sunglasses
- Backpack for your belongings.
- Personal water bottle or canteen.
- Do not forget to bring your camera to take colorful pictures of the journey