2016 Tour Summary
- Transfer to meeting place – Quimbaya – meetig place
- Transfer in Jeep Willys meeting place in Quimbaya / Port – Quimbaya
- Balsaje por el Rio La Vieja
- Ecological walk to the waterfalls
- Expert rowers
- Guide (Heritage interpretation)
- Meals: Typical lunch and snacks
- Travel Insurance
- Equipment rental.
- Binoculars, telescopes, boots, raincoats.
- Meals not specified in the plan.
- Experiences not specified in the plan.
- Personal expenses and tips.
- Transportation services not specified in the plan
Quimbaya (Duration: 8 hours aprox.)
You are in the Central Andes of Colombia, where some rivers carry water down from the glaciers in the mountains. On this tour, we travel La Vieja River as Quimbayas (ancient indigenous community) did, sailing on rafts of guadua, a type of bamboo that has been called the natural steel. The rafts have technological improvements that human ingenuity has managed to ensure navigational safety, whilst down by the river, with the tranquility of the current and the thrill of small rapids. Learn the details of a guadual ecosystem, and enjoy a waterfall that will refresh you. On the river bank, have a picnic, enjoy the flavors of this region, under the cool shade of the bamboo.
- Bring comfortable shoes
- Appropriate clothing for the area, bring a coat
- Bring insect repellent, sunscreen and sunglasses
- Backpack for your belongings.
- Personal water bottle or canteen.
- Do not forget to bring your camera to take colorful pictures of the journey